- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- For Icing:
- 1 LB Powdered Sugar
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1) Cream the butter, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and baking soda together.
- 2) Blend in the flour and water to make a stiff dough.
- 3) Chill at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4) Make icing by mixing powdered sugar, egg whites, and vanilla extract until smooth
- 5) Store icing in ziplock bags until ready to be used
- 6) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 7) Roll and cut out the gingerbread house shapes (I used a 3D printer to make cookie cutters)
- 8) Transfer gingerbread house shapes onto greased pan and cook 10-15 minutes
- 9) Assemble!
- * Gingerbread house cookie cutters obtained from here